Support for care partners
We understand caring for a loved one with dementia is an incredibly rewarding experience, but it can also be an incredibly challenging one. Our Community Educators can provide you with individual support to help make caring for your loved one a little easier. Everyone’s experience with dementia is different and we walk alongside you and your loved one on your individual journey with dementia.
Some of the ways we can support you are:
- Provide you with information and education to help you to understand dementia
- Support you to navigate the, sometimes confusing, health system
- Help you to get prepared for when things change
- Provide tips and strategies to manage challenges
- Link you into programmes and other services to help either yourself or your loved one
- Connect you to other people in the same situation
Our service is tailored to your needs. Some clients just speak to us once or twice to gather information and others have more frequent contact and support.
While we prefer referrals from health professionals, a referral is not necessary to access our service so if you would like to talk to us about how we can support you, call your local office on:
Dunedin: 03 471 6154
North Otago: 03 434 9090
Central Otago: 03 448 9056
Queenstown Lakes: 03 441 4955